PITCH TO LAFS
In our continued dedication to helping emerging talent expand and grow business.
The Latin American Fashion Summit has created Pitch to LAFS.
It provides an opportunity for designers to present their collections to some of the most influential people in the industry, gaining valuable insight and appropriate direction from the brightest minds in the business while competing for a grant opportunity.
The Pitch to LAFS will take place on the first day of the Latin American Fashion Summit on November 9th from 12:45pm- 2pm.
Guests will include:
- Buyers from companies like Net-a-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Moda Operandi, Farfetch, Maison de Mode, Maison Marche Style, Shop Latitude, El Palacio de Hierro, Cooperativa Shop, Armarium and Shop Bazaar.
- Luxury Advisors and Executives such as CFDA, Creo Consulting, Eva Hughes, Victoria de la Fuente, Latin Curated, Kelly Talamas and Brand Boutique Brazil.
- Editors of Vogue, Buro 24/7 Mexico and LATAM, Departures Magazine, Travel and Interview Magazine.
* Guests subject to change
A LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY IN THREE EASY STEPS
The Selection Round deadline is AUGUST 1ST, 2018. This round will be a basic understanding of the company. Fill out the below application to provide an overview of your business profile.
The Pitch to LAFS’ committee will analyze all applications and LAFS will announce Round 2 candidates on AUGUST 15TH, 2018
Selected participants will need to send samples and financials from August 20th to September 7th, 2018 for Round 2 review. LAFS will announce the Top Finalists on September 24th, 2018.
The selected finalists will have the opportunity to present their collection to the most influential people in the industry on the first day of LAFS on November 9th 2018.
There will be a $3,000 fee to confirm participation. The Pitch to LAFS ticket will serve as your confirmation and will be available to buy at our website under Pitch to LAFS from September 24th – 28th.
Pitch to LAFS has partnered with prestigious SCAD University to mentor the top finalists on their 10-minute pitch. The online meetings with SCAD University will be scheduled for each participant.
This ticket is only valid with a general admission ticket that will be refunded once you are announced as finalist.
The winning designer will receive:
• $10,000 USD grant for their business.
• The opportunity to sell a curated collection at Armarium.
• Styling consultation by Irma Martinez.
• 2 product shots, 2 product shots with model, 1 video of the collection and digital retouch sponsored by Mat Media.
• The opportunity to be Key Note speaker at LAFS 2019 as a testimonial.
Keep in mind these deadlines:
- Deadline for first round SELECTION is August 1st 2018
- LAFS will announce Round 2 candidates on August 15th, 2018
- Participants to send samples and financials from August 20 to September 7th, 2018 for Round 2 review
- LAFS will announce the Top Finalists on September 24th, 2018
- Finalists will have to confirm their participation by buying their Pitch to LAFS ticket fromSeptember 24th to 28th
Please note that this application is an extension of the general admission
ticket for the Latin American Fashion Summit